Sunday, July 24, 2011

Perfectionism

You know that list of fantastic ideas, projects and goals that you have written and re-written?  IT IS TIME TO GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION TO DO THEM!

Most women naturally punish themselves by waiting for the perfect day before starting new ventures.  My perfect day would include a completely organized and clean home, which includes laundry cleaned, folded and put away,  all emails and phone calls answered,  a full tank of gas in a freshly cleaned  (inside and out) car  and enough money to do all the home repairs that are currently waiting in queue.  And these things (along with a few others) are the "reasons" I have not found a way towards composting for the organic garden I say I want or starting the small group with other friends who agree we need to support each other and so forth.

You get the picture - right?  My reality is that the above mentioned may or may not take place but waiting for the perfect day only ensures that I am never going to do the things I say I really want to do.  Perfectionism gives me a false sense of reality and blocks my ability to function in a healthy manor.  Let go of perfectionism!   What has it gotten you so far?

I am giving myself permission (and time) to begin fully living life and at least making a step towards that list of things I say I want in my life.  All I have to do is take the first step.  No need to forecast about the what ifs!

Are you down?  Are you in?  Are you ready?


Okay, then say this with me - "Today, I have all I need to begin doing ______________(fill in the blank).  I will release the notion of perfection in order to live a life that honors what I value!  Say it three times out loud so that you begin to believe what you are saying!!! As a matter of fact repeat it each day and anytime you need a gentle reminder of the life you want to live.  And I'll see you on the other side!



No comments:

Post a Comment